Unbelievably Good Shredded Apple Pie
Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium (3 cups) Honeycrisp apples, peeled and grated with a cheese grater
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, butter, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and eggs with a hand mixer on medium speed. Beat until combined.
- Fold in the shredded apples. Pour mixture into the unbaked pie shell. Bake for 55-60 minutes. Let cool 1 hour before serving.
Recipe slightly adapted from Life In the Lofthouse.