- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 1/2 c low sugar or no sugar jam or jelly
- 2 eggs
- 1 c milk
- PEANUT BUTTER SYRUP
- 1/2 c peanut butter (I used natural)
- 1/2 c half and half or milk
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
How to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast
- Combine peanut butter, half and half and maple syrup in a small saucepan. Whisk thoroughly. Heat over medium heat, whisking occasionally until hot and just starting to simmer. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- Spread jelly on 4 slices of the bread and top with remaining 4 slices.
- Whisk together eggs and milk.
- Heat a skillet sprayed with cooking spray over med-high heat. Dip each sandwich in egg mixture(both sides), and cook until golden brown on one side. Flip over and cook the other side.
- Cut cooked sandwiches into triangles, arrange on plates and drizzle with the peanut butter syrup.
About Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast
Course/Dish: Other Breakfast, Other Main Dishes, Other SnacksMain Ingredient: BreadRegional Style: AmericanDietary Needs: VegetarianOther Tags: Quick & Easy, For Kids, Healthy
Originally Posted: Tue, Jun 12, 2012
You May Also Like:
You Might Enjoy These, Too!
- Cassie’s Comforting Chicken & Noodles
- Hawaiian Roll Ham Sliders
- The Best Sweet Yeast Roll Dough I Have Ever Found
Powered by Just A Pinch Food Group
Easiest and best finger food you’ll ever eat! Sausage, cream cheese, cheese and croissants – what could go wrong? Perfect for an appetizer or breakfast food, this will be your…
Acceptable as a breakfast treat or a light dessert, no one can pass up a piece of coffee cake. Brew an extra pot of coffee today, because we’ve found 15…
Take a break from waffles and pancakes by whipping up some of these wonderful french toast recipes. Trust us, your family will thank you!
Follow Just A Pinch
- Recipes By Meal
- Recipes By Ingredient
- Recipes By Region
- Recipes By Occasion
- Recipes By Diet
- Recipes By Method
- Recipes By Dish
- Blue Ribbon Recipes
- Community & Food Topics